Did your registration expire?
All dental assistant registrations must be renewed by December 31st of even numbered years. It is unlawful to provided dental assisting expanded duties without a valid registration. If your registration expired on December 31, 2020, and you did not renew withing the 60 day grace period, the registration is not valid. You must reinstate the expired QDA/RDA registration to provide dental assisting expanded duties. The fee to reinstate an expired registration is $145.
To reinstate an expired registration:
- Submit an application for reinstatement of RDA or QDA expired registration.
- Submit required 16 hours of continuing education which includes evidence of current CPR, two hours of ethics and jurisprudence, and two hours of infection control. Evidence of CE includes receipts, copies of curriculum and certificates of completion. A certificate of completion must indicate if the course was a webinar or home study. The Board recommends CE tracking software. Eight hours of of self-study will be accepted. Self study means online courses or coursework obtained without a proctor. The remaining 8 hours may be from webinars obtained online or classroom style education. The certificate of completion must say "webinar".
- The expired registration reinstatement fee is $145 payable to NDBDE.
- Take the online Ethics and Jurisprudence Examination. Two hours of ethics and jurisprudence is required for reinstatement or renewal of registration for all registered dental assistants. A convenient and easy way to fulfill the CE requirement for ethics and jurisprudence is to take the online JP exam. Taking the exam costs nothing, is 'open book', and is a great way to keep up to date on the laws and rules of the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene and dental assisting.
- The Board sends renewal notices during renewal season. Verify online a correct email and mailing address by going to https://www.nddentalboard.org/verify/
- If your mailing or email address is incorrect, NOTIFY the Board's office immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.