If you previously held a registration as a dental assistant (either a RDA or QDA) and you would like to practice expanded functions again in ND, you will need to reinstate your registration.
To reinstate your registration:
- Submit an application for reinstatement of RDA or QDA registration
- Submit required 16 hours of continuing education which includes evidence of current CPR, two hours of ethics and jurisprudence, and two hours of infection control. Evidence of CE includes receipts, copies of curriculum and certificates of completion. A certificate of completion must indicate if the course was a webinar or home study. The Board recommends CE tracking software such as CE Zoom. You cannot have more than 8 hours of homestudy/online courses.
- The fee is $130 payable to NDBDE.
- Take the online Ethics and Jurisprudence Examination. Two hours of ethics and jurisprudence is required for reinstatement or renewal of registration for all registered dental assistants. A convenient and easy way to fulfill the CE requirement for ethics and jurisprudence is to take the online JP exam. Taking the exam costs nothing, is 'open book', and is a great way to keep up to date on the laws and rules of the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene and dental assisting.
- Dental assisting registrations expire December 31, 2018.