A North Dakota criminal history record check is a search of confidential law enforcement databases, cross-referencing by the person’s name, date of birth, social security number and other specific identifiers, including fingerprints. The extensive cross-referencing ensures that the result relates only to that person, even if the person has used several names or there are other individuals with the same name. Only the ND Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) can supply a criminal history record check.
Once your application for ND dental or dental hygiene license and license fee have been received by the North Dakota State Board of Dental Examiners, two traditional ink fingerprint cards and instructions are mailed to the applicant. Delaying the fingerprinting process may delay your license.
• Applicants may have their fingerprints rolled by a local Law Enforcement Agency or other Board approved agent. Be prepared to pay a fee for having the fingerprint card executed. The fingerprints must be taken by an appropriately trained official. The fingerprint card must be signed by the official in the appropriate block.
• Additional fingerprint cards are available from the Dental Board upon request.
• Ensure that fingerprint cards are completely filled out. Required information includes: Full name, social security number, date of birth, home address, sex, height, weight, hair color, eye color, place of birth etc.
• “Reason Fingerprinted” should specify the type of license you are applying (Dental or Dental Hygiene Licensure).
• Please be advised that if your fingerprint cards are rejected, you will be notified and processing of your dental or dental hygiene license application may be delayed. Do not attempt to take your own fingerprints. They will be rejected.
• Mail the fully completed card, along with your fee as instructed on the card to:NDSBDE PO Box 7246 Bismarck, ND 58507-7246
Before you submit any application, please be aware that failure to disclose disciplinary actions, convictions, arrests or charges is grounds for denial or revocation of license. There are no exceptions under which omission of this information in the application or renewal process is deemed acceptable. It should be noted that such information does not automatically disallow licensure. However, disqualification may occur by failing to answer all questions honestly. Read each question on your application carefully.
Examples of past unacceptable explanations provided in “failure to report” incidents to the Board include:
New license applications and license renewal applications contain questions related to disciplinary actions, illegal or errant behavior and criminal conduct. After receiving a professional license, all license holders continue to be subject to reporting requirements regarding any disciplinary actions, charges or convictions, regardless of in what state they might occur.
Once the Board receives the completed fingerprint cards from the applicant, the cards and the applicant’s check are sent to the FBI. The results typically require at least two weeks. However, an applicant may have to repeat the process if the prints are smudged or cannot be read.
No. The record is confidential and cannot be reproduced, disseminate, e-mail or distribute the confidential record. The Board will ask for further information depending on the information received. The Board may provide a copy to the applicant.
Yes, keep in mind the fingerprint is associated with an arrest record rather than a name or other identifier. Results are extremely accurate.
Local, county or state law enforcement agencies may take your fingerprints for a fee. Private companies offer a livescan service; check the business listings online or in the yellow pages. If finger prints are taken at a livescan site, please enclose either the card printed at the livescan sit or the acknowledgement form printed by the livescan.
You may obtain a copy of your FBI Identification Record by sending a request to:Federal Bureau of Investigation CJIS Division Attention: Record Request 1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, WV 26306